Fiber Supplement: Shakeology Boost
Shakeology Boost: The Fiber – I’m sure you’ve heard of how important getting in enough fiber in your diet is to not only your health, but also in helping you to lose weight and burn more fat. How so?
Well, when you consume enough foods or supplements that are high in fiber, the body takes longer than normal to break down and digest it. As a result, any other foods that you have eaten will take longer to process. This, in turn, keeps you feeling fuller longer. When this happens you’ll be less hungry and will be less tempted to over eat or consume foods you shouldn’t, which could sabotage your physique transformation goals. Fiber has even been thought by many experts to possibly help prevent certain types of cancer.
Here’s the problem; getting in enough fiber from whole foods on a daily basis is very hard to do. Here’s a list of different whole food sources:
Soluble fiber is found in varying quantities in all plant foods, including:
* legumes (peas, soybeans, and other beans)
* oats, rye, chia, and barley
* some fruits and fruit juices (including prune juice, plums, berries, bananas, and the insides of apples and pears)
* certain vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and Jerusalem artichokes
* root tubers and root vegetables such as sweet potatoes and onions (skins of these are sources of insoluble fiber)
* psyllium seed husk (a mucilage soluble fiber).
Sources of insoluble fiber include:
* whole grain foods
* wheat and corn bran
* nuts and seeds
* potato skins
* flax seed
* vegetables such as green beans, cauliflower, zucchini (courgette), celery, and nopal
* some fruits including avocado, and bananas
* the skins of some fruits, including tomatoes
Imagine having to eat boatloads of these foods just to get in your daily dose. This could even result in you eating more calories than you should be!
….this is where Shakeology Boost: The Fiber can prove to be a life saver.
Boost your fiber intake simply and easily.
The Fiber can help you:
* Improve digestion
* Promote regularity
* Lower cholesterol*
* Prevent blood sugar spikes
* Feel full longer
How much fiber do I need?
* While there is no official Recommended Daily Allowance for fiber, the U.S. government has established Adequate Intake levels at 25 grams for women 18 to 50 years old (21g for women over 50) and 38 grams for men (30g for men over 50).
* Most adults in the U.S. only get between 11 to 13 grams per day. That’s definitely not enough. Add a full scoop of The Fiber to Shakeology and get a total of 10 grams of fiber with each shake.
How to use The Fiber
* Since every body is different, we recommend starting with a half scoop and building your way up to a full scoop.
* You can mix The Fiber with any juice, shake, or drink of your choice without making it gritty in texture or affecting the flavor. And since it contains FOS, a natural prebiotic sweetener, it will add a hint of sweetness to any drink.
What makes The Fiber better than other fiber products
* Contains no additives, colors, or preservatives.
* The unique formula is derived from 5 different sources of fiber. Together they not only promote better digestion but have other health benefits, such as prebiotic properties, aiding in weight management, and lowering cholesterol levels.*
* It also contains L-glutamine, an amino acid important for preventing muscle loss and boosting immunity from overtraining. Those who work out regularly can actually use an extra dose of it every day.
What’s in The Fiber
* Fructooligosaccharide (FOS)
A natural prebiotic sweetener that stimulates the supply of good bacteria in the intestinal tract, which helps increase overall digestive health.
* Konjac fiber
Helps maintain weight and regularity.
* Psyllium seed husk
Helps prevent dietary cholesterol from being absorbed by the liver and colon. It also helps curb your appetite.
* Apple fiber
Helps eliminate toxins from the intestinal tract for better digestion.
Aids in eliminating toxins in your body and fuels muscles during longer workout sessions.